Friday, April 26, 2013

The Neighbourhood - I'm Sorry… - EP - CD Review

The Neighbourhood
I'm Sorry… - EP - CD Review
I’m Sorry... - EP
Alternative
5 Tracks
24:43 min
$4.65 on iTunes

The first time I heard this band I shazam'ed it right away. The song was Sweater Weather, and it has such a catchy beat I just had to have it. Unfortunately the only thing they had out at the time was the I'm Sorry... EP, along with another EP that only had two songs on it. Boy, was I ever surprised when I found out that this extended play album was incredibly good. After listening to the songs on what must've seemed like an infinite repeat for my girlfriend, I realized that the singer was male and not female. This had turned into such a heated discussion that we were trying to prove each other wrong. Unfortunately I was wrong and I feel even dumber knowing that the very first line on the song, Sweater Seather was.
"All I am, is a man." Which needless to say is very embarrassing, but the guy's voice is beautiful, almost like listening to the vocals of classic soul music. During my time listening to this album I also fell in love with the song Female Robbery, which was definitely a standout on this CD.

I’m Sorry... - EP
8 out of 10



No comments:

Post a Comment