Friday, April 26, 2013

The Neighbourhood - I Love You - CD Review


The Neighbourhood
I Love You - CD Review
I Love You
Alternative
11 Tracks
45:50 min
$8.99 on iTunes

While I like this album I can't say that I love this album. Typically something I do is get in the car and crank the music up whenever I buy a new CD. The audio on the CD is superb, nice highs and nice lows. There is a lot going on in this music. The openings are very surreal and very catchy, but lyrically this CD falls a bit short. A few songs have great hooks but many other's fall flat. Songs like Let It Go and Staying Up, are catchy, sound good, and are overall just great music. While songs like Flawless feel a bit "Eh". W.D.Y.W.F.M or lyrically What Do You Want From Me, is a great, interesting way to title what could have been a long and arduous title name, interesting and I like that. A little part of me doesn't understand why Afraid seems to be the trending song on this album while song's like Let It Go seem, to me, to be so much better. Like I said I like this album, but I didn't love this album. 

I Love You
7 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment